The 4th Annual Tampa Fringe will take place April 30th - May 10th, 2020.
Applications for the 2020 Tampa Fringe lottery are open!
Application openings for Kids Fringe & BYOV will open at a date TBA.
- 5pm EST November 15th Earlybird - $25 application deadline
- 5pm EST December 7th, 2019 - $35 Final application deadline
- 7pm EST December 9th, 2019 - LOTTERY DRAWING PARTY! Location TBA
IMPORTANT BASICS -
- Only one application per company presenting. This is why we require a show title, and the name of the person representing the company - this person may only apply one time.
- Local acts are those within a 30 mile radius of Ybor City.
- Touring Artists - we will be offering a limited number of second-week-only spots. There is a question on the application for this.
CHANGES for 2020!
- We are changing the Spanish Language lottery to a more inclusive Foreign Language/Culture category, to include ASL, Italian, and more!
- The Diversity Lottery is split into several categories this year, to ensure overall inclusivity.
What you get from US:
100% of the base ticket price!
At least FIVE performances at a venue with box office volunteers, a technician, and basic technical abilities at a minimum.
A chance to experiment and try something new.
Your show in the Fringe Guide with 10K in distribution, and mentioned via social media pushes.
Possible billeting for out-of-towners. The past two years we managed to house EVERYONE! *Note - this is more difficult with large casts.
To hang out in Florida! In the sun. There's a water park, and Busch Gardens, you know...this year we're going to Picnic Island! And every year we have the BEST beach day after the festival, and we will do so again!
If you are continuing to another Fringe after this, it's a great way to develop and perfect a brand new work in front of a welcoming audience, especially if you need to fine tune your show for Florida audiences.
What YOU do:
Apply and pay the non-refundable application fee. When you are selected, you have four days to pay the $275 registration fee.
Get a show together. You may have a show already in the can, or you may be making up a title and then writing a show when you get in. But you need a show, by tech time!
If you didn't write/devise/create this show yourself (which we highly encourage), GET THE RIGHTS. We will be in no way liable for legal ramifications here.
Get people to come to your show! You keep 100% of the box office proceeds, so the more people you get to come, the more money you can put in your pocket, and the more people will know about Fringe, the more people will go see other shows too, and the cycle continues...